Saturday, July 23, 2016

Untitled (Gathers)

It's not like I haven't been writing. I just haven't been reading as much poetry so I am less inspired to post it, and somehow I have grown even more picky about what I write. I think I just need to bite the bullet and post what I have anyway. So, here.


"You gather your people" he said, praying
But I thought, more that that you gather
Hearts  broken to bits and scattered to the winds
Serving to masters and neither of them you
Hunting for wholeness trying to love into loveliness
And scrambling from your presence
You gather minds diaspora
Fractured by disease and heartbreak
And sometimes the Martha minds
Busy at home, but you lovingly gather
Even those wrapped in your work
Too wrapped to worship
Still graciously you gather
Make us holy and wholly before you today
I pray

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dialogue with me...