Monday, March 30, 2015

Birds 2



I want to be the sort of person who hears birds calling
Back and forth to one another
And turn to the person I am with and confidently say
That is a blue jay
Or that is a warbler
But instead I am the person pulling wet laundry from the dryer
Mentally preparing to drape it across my chairs
In order to save $1.25
And who enjoys the birds calling
Back and forth to one another
I guess there is some mundane beauty in this as well
Though in my haste to write this disjointed thought
I have forgotten the wet clothes
Until my husband asks me
“What is this pile of clothes here?”
And I remember the birds calling
Back and forth to one another
But I don’t try to explain why it was important
To write it down
I shrug and give him a kiss
And that is what we both remember
The beauty we both remember

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dialogue with me...