Monday, November 5, 2012

The Lord's Prayer Pt. 1 - Our Father

And when you pray
Begin this way
Our Father, our Leader
Our Superior Mind
Provider, Comforter
Author of Mankind
Start this way
When you pray
Your life's plan surrender
Cede to Him dominion
Recognize your abject failure
Saved through Son's petition
So when you pray
Begin this way
Our Father

 
     So, I've decided not to do NaNoWriMo this year. I thought about it, and apparently I'm too excited about seeing Boyfriend in less than forty days, and it's all I can do just to finish my reading goal (which I'm still going to do by the way). But not wanting to be left behind I decided instead to write a poem a day for the month of November. I thought NaPoWriMo was pretty hilarious and original and witty, but I just googled it and there actually IS a NaPoWriMo and it's in April. April IS poetry month, so I guess that shouldn't come as a surprise. So, I guess I'm a few months late, but I've been enjoying it. This poem was from yesterday. It was actually written as a response to the sermon from the week before.

7 comments:

  1. That must have been a beautiful sermon to have inspired such a poem...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It was a good one. Mainly talking about how we should position ourselves when we pray. Start with the assumption that God is the sovereign provider, and go from there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed this, Heather but I'm often confused about ceding one's life to God. Does that leave room for free will?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Depends on what you mean by free will. I mean, of my own free will I'm eating pineapple chunks. Although, I also believe that God knew and planned that I would eat pineapple chunks right now.
      It is a little confusing, I think. I mean, on a human level we make choices all the time, but on a divine level God knows what the choices are because He's planned them. I don't really know how that works out and why some things work out, but that's where trust comes in. I trust that He's a good God and a just God, and whatever He does is right even if I don't understand it.

      Delete
  4. For some reason my comment disappeared...

    Heather thank you for sharing this :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had Blogger eat my comments before too. Very frustrating. You are welcome! Thanks for dropping by to read.

      Delete
  5. A very merry Christmas season to you and yours, inky!

    cheers from foggy vienna, zilch

    ReplyDelete

Dialogue with me...