Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Moonglade

Yes, yes, I'm a terrible Blogess for never updating. Here is something I never did anything with, but made because I loved the word "moonglade." It is a word for the reflection of the moon on water, and has nothing to do with WoW no matter what Google might have you believe.

Moonglade
In the promised bath the nightbird
Weeps its tenured song into
Bright patches glittering
In absence of people the silent fish
Talk to one another in bubbles
Creeping up to kiss the moonglade
The mirror moon spreads itself
And through miniature wavelets
Comes together

6 comments:

  1. Moonglade...I don't think I've ever heard that word before. Have you ever seen a moonbow?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to listen to this podcast about words and that's where I found that word. I think Moonglade is defunct now. I have not seen one, but I'm intrigued.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful word. I love the stories you tell through poems and fiction.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh! You're such a great poet. I love dis here poem you wrote.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much,Reina. Your praise is most gratifying.

      Delete

Dialogue with me...