Wednesday, September 26, 2012

ACTS in the Morning



I , by myself, can't imagine your worth
Father, for this I adore You.
With merely your Word, you redeemed the whole earth
Father, for this I adore You.

So numerous my acts that I shouldn't have done
Father for this, I'm confessing.
And what you've wished me to do, I've left alone
Father for this, I'm confessing.

You manage all, yet have time for me
Father, for this I thank You.
You give us all, everything that we need
Father, for this I thank You.

Lord, make Yourself center of worship and love
Father, I am supplicating
And make my heart willing for Your people to move
Father, I am supplicating.



   I wrote this a couple of years ago, and just recently discovered it. I didn't change anything so you can look at how greatly my poetry has matured (false) since then. I actually still use the ACTS (Adoration. Confession. Thanksgiving. Supplication) structure to pray...oddly enough so does my boyfriend.

3 comments:

  1. Ooo I thought you meant the test ;-)

    Loved the poem though. It seems like a prayer we might say to comfort ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard of this prayer structure of which you speak... That makes a lot of sense though. And great poem!

    p.s. I gave you a blogging award because I was given one, and I was supposed to pass it on to some other people... Blogging can be an odd thing sometimes. Anyway, it's kind of fun, so here you go:

    http://asformeandmyguitar.blogspot.com/2012/10/reader-appreciation-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't heard much from you lately Heather, hope all is well :-)

    ReplyDelete

Dialogue with me...