Friday, August 24, 2012

Going Home


I was looking at our shadows
On the way home
The words you spoke swam
Before my eyes
Like that set apart feeling
I often feel now
Thinking I am part of a whole
I was thinking of our history
And re-writing you into my life
Our shadows went before us
Like my future
Like our past
And things once said in jest
Becoming real
Skeletons of love clad now in flesh
Made to dance before our eyes
Like shadows
And I think there was a moon
But I didn’t see it and I heard nothing
I felt a thousand things
All too foreign to pass my lips
Pondering in my heart
I was looking at our shadows
They looked like comfort
They looked like home



   Wow guys, look a post! I figured it might be about time. ;-) Yes, it's for John. I am going to warn you now that anything that isn't overtly about nature or God is going to most likely be for John. What can I say? He's a special guy.

4 comments:

  1. HA! Well, I like this one also.

    Even though it's still not about me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry, Carrie. Maybe one day I'll write one about you. Until then you can remain content that you often inspire me over on the other blog. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwe that's so sweet :-)

    Chris and I were just talking over how cool your writing is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ben (and Chris as well)! Your comments always brighten up my day.

      Delete

Dialogue with me...