Friday, June 1, 2012

Bird Fight


And her feathers were ruffled before
So I stared into middle distance
I’ve been painted here once or twice
Over this bustling street
Straight down is the thrill
Of rushing past a moving car
I sneak a peek over my wingblade
Serene and confidant that I will never take flight
She preens and pretends
Two can play at this game
And I watch the passing road monsters
Below our twig-like feet


   I drove under a street lamp the other day with two birds on it completely ignoring one another. It was hilarious. Optimistic Existentialist might find this pretty funny. 
   Birds come up often in what I write, but this is not the first failed bird-romance I've ever written. This one was. 

6 comments:

  1. Haha I got the reference about Optimistic Existentialist. I love getting references!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Haha. I have a thing with birds, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Well, they are so fun and they fly! Who could help having a thing for them. :-)

      Delete
  3. i really liked this one...it was funny
    have the best of days and dont forget to smile
    brian

    ReplyDelete

Dialogue with me...