Friday, May 18, 2012

Intended


That you never hear when our hearts cease to beat
That at the end you think only of the dark recesses of Africa
Where he spills his self-sanctified blood and sweat
And our tears hit the pavement, yet
You won’t hear us when the walls crumble
The choice is deep and long and wide
Too far the chasm, too broke the heart
The beat of lashes on skin for this the public reckoning
And all is put to rights at the sunset
Of this world
Intended: That the weight of this sacrifice is heavy on your shoulders

4 comments:

  1. Oh wow...I would love to know the inspiration for the poem. It's magnificent my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful poem. I wonder which dark recesses of Africa though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one really has me thinking. Well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Existentialist: I'm afraid I'm going to have to keep this one a mystery
    @Ben Ditty: Thank you and...Uganda
    @Rachel: Thank you very much for the comment and the follow! Glad to have you on board here.

    ReplyDelete

Dialogue with me...