Friday, February 10, 2012

Encounter in the Sauna

I learned her name
After I heard her favorite story
Of when the darkness fell
We were so lucky she says
So lucky
And it's good to have candles
She lay supine
Opining
On wood burning stoves and creeks running downhill
I cooked everything she said
We were so lucky she said I made stew
My toe finds a knothole and I concentrate
On not laughing
On not saying "I don't know you
But you aren't lucky
You are planned"
She laughs and says, "I just thought, 'oh my god we are so lucky.'"
Your God indeed I think
Your God indeed

8 comments:

  1. I always adore the stream of consciousness you present!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I work very hard for that to seem natural. hahaha!

      Delete
  2. Sounds as though you weren't enjoying this particular conversation ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was...in a weird way. Chatty people in the sauna are never really my favorite, but it was weird that she was relaying everything ever to me.

      Delete
  3. Much good perfection blog, boa they postact.
    That the Sir our God comes to bless you still more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading and leaving some kind words, Salviano!

      Delete
  4. Wow. That sounds like a strange lady. I love the word "opining."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was. Glad you liked the word choice.

      Delete

Dialogue with me...