Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Melancholy Afterglow (Fragment...Title Subject to Change)

And I'm like Cinderella on the way back
Thinking of the memories
Wrapping them in tinfoil and hiding them in my last glass shoe
And you think it's over and you'll never see me again
But this is real life and you are correct
I left my other slipper but you shattered it
With your coldness
It's gonna take a hell of a lot of glue
For you to find out who I really am
After the glow


I'm getting a little sloppy with my poetry, as seen in my infrequent posts and sort of incomplete poetry, but I figured I ought to keep posting so that at least I'm forced to write something. My library is putting on a monthly creative writing workshop, and I'm hoping to attend a few for inspiration. But for now I'll just put up my poem fragments to let you all know I'm still around.

2 comments:

  1. You do great short stories too, don't forget those! But this is a really neat idea. I especially liked the middle part:

    "Wrapping them in tinfoil and hiding them in my last glass shoe
    And you think it's over and you'll never see me again
    But this is real life and you are correct
    I left my other slipper but you shattered it
    With your coldness"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, thanks for the reminder. I have been wanting to put up some short stories for sure. Unfortunately that would involve finding my flash drive that has them on it. I will sometime though.

    Thank you for your kind comments.

    ReplyDelete

Dialogue with me...