Thursday, February 3, 2011

Lies About You

I think I strained a muscle when I looked for you before
I think I fell apart when you walked right out my door
I think my eyes were blinded by your sensitive sweet side
I think that none of this is true; I think I may have lied

I hear you sprained your ankle sometime late last night
I hear you had a heart attack because we had no fight
I hear you lost your memory and everything you knew
I hear that all of that’s a lie, and none of it is true

I know you started running when you heard me down the hall
I know you couldn’t stand to see a proud man like you fall
I know you wished that this was something that we tried
I know that none of this is true; I think I may have lied

I thought the rain was falling against your glassless pain
I thought I couldn’t hear you cause you’re choking me again
I thought we’d work this out until our hearts were torn in two
I thought that all of that’s a lie, and none of it is true



I wrote this about five or six years ago and it means a lot to me. There are some parts I dig, and some parts I don't (glassless pain? come on!), but it had merit for me anyway.

1 comment:

  1. This is a very good poem. I really love it. :)I like how each sentence begins. I particularly like the whole "I know" verse.

    ReplyDelete

Dialogue with me...