Thursday, January 6, 2011

The Pelican Landing

I have been working on a new project I'm really excited about, but realized just now that I hadn't posted anything today. So, I took one of my old (and terrible) love poems from the archives. I actually really really don't like this one, but I was getting desperate so late in the day. The strange thing is, if I didn't know who this was for, I could potentially apply it to a recent issue with a friend...hmmm..

The Pelican Landing

We could pretend
Again
To forget this
But I lack the energy
And you, the courage
You've swept my feelings
Under the proverbial rug
And there's no more room
For my heart
I'm sick of giving
So I'm giving you up
It's up to you
To change my mind
But I'm not pretending
Again

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dialogue with me...