Tuesday, December 28, 2010

5. Learned He Obedience

But for unfairness, I would have died
I see myself at my Saviour's side
Mocking and pointing and dead in my pride
But for unfairness, I would have died

But for your loneliness, I would be lost
I could never pay all my guilt has cost
Or enter at will the heavenly host
But for your loneliness, I would be lost

Now in your living, I'm free of shame
You slayed death itself and erased me of blame
In the book of the chosen you've written my name
Now in your living, I'm free of shame

2 comments:

  1. This is good, but I thought you didn't like to rhyme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't. I still don't, but it doesn't mean I never rhyme. Sometimes the poetry just writes itself, and every once in a while it forces itself into rhyme.

    ReplyDelete

Dialogue with me...